CEAT Un-conditional Warranty Policy (Policy K)
As an additional support to our consumers, CEAT provides warranty for non – manufacturing defects which makes the tyre unserviceable for reason such as Run flat, Concussion, Rim Digging, Scoring, Non-Repairable through cuts, Sat on Rim, Fitment Damage and for no other reason.
Replacement offer calculation for tyres adjusted under Non-manufacturing Defect (PK Policy):
|Product Category (Tyres only)||Warranty Period (For Non-Manufacturing Defect Policy- PK)|
|Motorcycle/Scooter/E-Rickshaw||3 years from the date of manufacture or up to 100% tread wear whichever is earlier, irrespective of kilometre covered.|
|Intermediate & Light Commercial Vehicle- Bias/Radial, Last Mile-Bias||2 years from the date of manufacture or up to 50% tread wear whichever is earlier, irrespective of kilometre covered.|
|Passenger Car Radials / SUV Radials / Last Mile Radials / 3 Wheeler tyres||2.5 years from the date of manufacture or up to 50% tread wear whichever is earlier, irrespective of kilometre covered|
|Tractor Tyres / Heavy Tractor rear. (On Aayushmaan Series Only)||3 years from the date of manufacture or up to 50% tread wear whichever is earlier, irrespective of kilometre covered.|
The below mentioned categories will have FOC until 10% wear under Policy K. Post 10% tread wear, replacement offer will be charged on pro rata basis as per matrix below.
|Material Description||FOC Charge||Pro Rata Charge|
|Passenger Car Tyres, SUV Tyres, 3 Wheelers||Up to 10% tread wear||More than 10% to 50% tread wear|
|Motorcycle/Scooter/E-Rickshaw||Up to 10% tread wear||More than 10% to 100% tread wear|
All other categories of tyres not mentioned above will NOT have FOC parameter, replacement will be on Pro rata basis only.
Pro Rata Calculation = Worn out Tread Depth (NSD) / Original Tread Depth (NSD), e.g. if original NSD is 8mm, tyre worn out is 2mm, that means customer to pay 25% of tyre cost.
Terms and Conditions
Every tyre, tube & flap manufactured and/or marketed by “CEAT Ltd” is warranted to be free from defects in material quality or workmanship in its first tread life & warranty period. If our examination shows that a product has failed during the warranty period mentioned in this warranty policy, we shall replace the product on pro-rata wear basis subject to terms and conditions of this warranty policy. The amount to be compensated for the tyre will be calculated from the percentage of tread wear. In other words, the so called “remaining tread depth measurement system” will be applied.
- Following tyres shall not be covered under Unconditional Warranty Policy (Policy K):
- Tyres worn out beyond tread pattern (ply exposed) shall not be considered
- Conditions for damages to Tread and Sidewall/shoulder
- Tread – Nail injuries and punctures comes under the limitations of being repairable and hence not considered in Policy K
- Shoulder & Sidewall – As any repair is not sustainable on shoulder & sidewall region, all damages in this area will be covered in Policy K
- Tyres which only have uneven wear, misalignment/balancing wear, without any irreparable cuts and damages, shall not be considered.
- Tyres damaged on account of fire, climatic conditions, improper storage or any other external factor.
- Tyres which are re-treaded or second-hand.
- Tyres/Tubes/Flaps purchased from unauthorised dealers.
- Tyres which are damaged intentionally including Serial number tampered or buffed etc.
- Improper use and Repair (Vulcanised patch repair & subsequent failure).
- Contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, fire or water.
- Tyres with road hazard damages such as through cuts, external injuries, impact break will be considered for only Unconditional warranty policy as per the directives mentioned above.
- Liability of CEAT is limited towards the cost of tyres/tube/flap only and does not provide for compensation in case of incidental or consequential damages including loss of use of vehicle and loss of time.
- The warranty is applicable for the first owner of the product and is not transferable.
- Apart from the warranty stated in the warranty policy, there are no other guarantee, warranty, or liability, express or implied, applicable to the products of CEAT. No representative has authority to make any other representation, promise, agreement except as stated herein.
- The warranty is only for the product under complaint and if the tyre is accepted under warranty the companion tyre or any other vehicles components will not be considered for warranty.
- Tyres presented to an authorized CEAT Dealer under claim for warranty shall remain the property of the consumer and CEAT accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to tyres while they are in the custody or control of an authorized CEAT Dealer for inspection. The
tyre will be property of CEAT once adjusted by CEAT Customer Service Representative as per the warranty policy & received at CEAT premises
- CEAT reserve the right to revise the terms and conditions of the warranty policy without any prior notice.
Following tyres shall not be covered under Unconditional Warranty Policy (Policy K):
|Sr No.||Defect Type||Defect Image|
Worn through plies:|
Possible cause: Tyre used beyond tread rubber (exposed casing). It also happens to due to prolonged usage of tyres with vehicle misalignment
Through cut on tread subsequent gaiter damage:|
Possible cause:Usage of loose patch or gaiter for a prolonged period. This may also happen due to improper cut repair.
External repair of cut:|
Possible cause: Repair of cut from outside, either by filling rubber or stitching.
Multiple punctures at same spot / repair failure:|
Possible cause: Multiple punctures and improper repair.
Possible cause: Exposure to chemicals, usually solvent in nature, which causes reaction on the tread rubber.